Its May and it’s the peak of summer. Temperatures rise upto 40 degrees and above. With the lockdown in place, due to the corona-virus pandemic, we have plenty of time on our hands. Today we at Rajmudra Beach Resort, would like to share a new recipe with you. It is a tasty and healthy summer drink. It is the specialty of Malvan also popular in Goa & Maharashtra.
Sol Kadhi or Solkadi is made from a yummy tart fruit kokum (generally known as a grandma cure for acidity) and coconut. It is delicious and refreshing. It is traditional health drink popular in Malvan and around Goa. Do try it and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
- 1 cup shredded fresh coconut
- 1 Green chili
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp crushed garlic
- 10 kokum
- 1/2 tbsp black salt
- 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
Steps to prepare Sol Kadhi (hot water method)
- Add the fresh coconut into a blender.
- Put hot water, close the lid, and keep it aside for about 10 minutes.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat.
- Add kokum and a little water.
- Cook the kokum on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes.
- Mash the kokum well while cooking.
- Let the mixture cool down completely.
- Blend the fresh coconut for about a minute or two.
- In a bowl strain the coconut milk.
- Again transfer the coconut into a blender jar, add hot water, blend and strain the milk.
- You can repeat the procedure 3 times.
- Strain the kokum mixture into coconut milk.
- Add garlic, green chili, black salt and salt.
- Mix everything well together.
- Strain the sol kadhi through strainer as we have added crushed garlic and green chili.
- You can also blend it and add.
- Sol kadhi is ready.
- Add ice cubes and serve it chilled.
You also can chill sol kadhi in freeze and serve.
The tasty 😋 sol kadhi is ready…
- Calories 74
- Fat 6g – 9%
- Satuated Fat 5g – 31%
- Sodium 41mg – 2%
- Potassium 71mg – 2%
- Carbohydrates 3g – 1%
- Fiber 2g – 8%
- Sugar 1g – 1%
- Vitamin C 2mg – 2%
- Calcium 3mg – 0%
- Iron .5 mg – 3%